Should I be concerned about the future?
- Americans spend about 90% of their time indoors and, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Products that ensure and maintain indoor air quality have become an essential part of modern life.
- According to the American College of Allergists, up to half of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by indoor air pollution.
- Levels of certain hazardous pollutants in indoor air have been found, in some cases, to be up to 70 times greater than levels in outdoor air (Source: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency).
- For one out of six people who suffer from allergies, there is a direct relationship between their symptoms and the presence of fungi and bacteria in their home’s air duct system (source: Total Health Magazine).
- Children and the elderly are especially vulnerable to health problems caused by or made worse by polluted indoor air (source: U.S. Department of Consumer Affairs).
- A 1999 Mayo Clinic study found that mold was the culprit in nearly all chronic sinus infections.
As an industry leader in the installation and service of indoor air quality products, you can trust Wilson to keep the air in your home clean and healthy. Here are some of the products we offer that can help you breathe easier.
High-efficiency particulate arresting (HEPA) filters are super-efficient filters that remove up to 99.97% of the particles passing through them. A whole-house HEPA filter will rid your home’s air of particulate contaminants that measure 0.3 microns or larger.
Even if you install one of the most advanced air cleaners on the market, disease-causing organisms such as germs and bacteria may still compromise the quality of your home’s air. An ultraviolet (UV) light air-treatment system is an effective solution. UV light is deadly to mold, bacteria and other organisms.
UV germicidal lights can help if you or family members suffer from:
- respiratory allergies and asthma
- frequent colds and flu
- symptoms including runny nose; itchy, watery eyes; sore throat; and fatigue
Humidity levels can have a huge impact on your comfort and your home. In the winter, when your home’s air is likely to be under-humidified, you can face a host of problems:
- dry, cracked furniture
- irritated, dry nasal passages
- dry, itchy skin
- sore, chapped lips
Because more humidity generally makes you feel warmer, it’s important to boost humidity levels in the home during winter.
By having Wilson connect a whole-house humidifier to your furnace, you not only resolve dry air problems, but you can also save money! Adding humidity in winter means you can often turn down the thermostat and still feel warm.
Honeywell TrueSteam Humidification Systems
A steam humidification system is considered an eco-friendly way to humidify your home because it uses up to 70% less water while delivering more moisture than traditional whole-house humidifiers. In addition to keeping your home and family comfortable, the TrueSteam can help reduce heating bills. Because humidified air feels warmer, you’ll be able to turn your thermostat down for savings.
While today’s energy-efficient homes do a great job of keeping heated or cooled air in, they can also trap stale, contaminated air inside. A ventilating system, also sometimes called a ventilator, can be an effective solution. Ventilators remove dangerous gases from your home by exchanging fresh, clean outdoor air for the “dirty” air inside. What’s more, they can do this with no loss of heated or cooled air so there is no waste of precious energy.
Eliminate hot and cold spots in your home! Improve the efficiency and performance o your existing comfort system.
ComfortZone™ II Zoning System
Comfort control at your fingertips
- One control gives you the ability to fine-tune the temperature throughout your home.
- You can program up to eight different temperatures and humidity levels within your home, all at the touch of a button.
- With IdealHumidity™, you can monitor and adjust humidity levels even when your home comfort system isn’t actively heating or cooling.
- SmartRecovery™ makes sure each zone reaches the desired temperature by starting your heating/cooling system ahead of schedule to ensure comfort right on time.
- The ComfortZone™ II Zoning System comes with a five-year limited warranty.
To improve your home’s comfort and air quality, contact us today to learn how we can protect your health, home, furnishings and comfort with a variety of indoor air quality products.