How Can I Use Propane in My Home?
Posted: December 20, 2021
Propane: Energy for Everyone
If you’ve used propane for much more than just grilling outside, you know this extremely versatile fuel can not only heat your home, it can power everything from water heaters, generators and stoves and cooktops to fireplaces, clothes dryers, pool heaters, space heaters and more.
When it comes to powering appliances, propane is not just a jack-of-all-trades – it’s a master of them. From heating your home to heating your pool and everything in between–propane is energy for everyone.
Heating and Cooking and Much More
Let’s take a closer look at the many propane appliances and other propane-powered equipment you can use inside your Delaware Valley home.
- Furnaces – If you’re looking to generate heat to warm up your home, a propane furnace can’t be matched. On cold nights, electric heat likely still leaves you with a chill, but a high-powered propane furnace will keep you and your loved ones warm and toasty. Producing much higher indoor air temperatures with thermal energy, propane furnaces are highly efficient. And you won’t have a need for a backup system.
- Water heaters – Propane water heaters typically recover water twice as quickly as electric models, yet they cost up to 30% less to operate. Upgrade to a tankless propane water heater and that energy savings number can jump even higher compared to a conventional—and inefficient–electric water heater.
- Stoves, ovens, and cooktops – Professional chefs prefer to cook with gas, and for good reasons. They get precision temperature control that no electric cooktop can match. Food also cooks more evenly, whether on your stovetop, or in your oven. Start using a propane gas stove and you’ll be delighted by the difference.
- Indoor propane hearth – A propane hearth, whether it’s a fireplace, a fireplace inserts or a gas log set. you’ll get real flames – not the blinking lights you get with an electric fireplace. And you’ll get those flames at the push of a button, so no more wood gathering or ash-sweeping. Propane hearths or four to five times more efficient than their wood-burning counterparts, too –so if you’re using your indoor fireplace as a heat source, powering it with propane delivers affordable warm comfort.
- Whole house generators – When the power goes out, you won’t miss a beat with a whole-house power generator. It will keep your home heating or cooling system, sump pump, security systems and other equipment running until the utility company can make repairs and restore power.
- Clothes dryers – A propane clothes dryer gets hot quickly and heats clothes evenly, and as a result, costs about half what an electric dryer costs to operate. Propane dryers also cause less wear and tear on your clothes.
Connect with Us
Contact Wilson Oil and Propane to learn more about expanding your use of propane. We have an expert team of technicians who can take care of propane appliance installation and maintenance in our Delaware Valley service area. You can read more about propane by going here.
Founded in 1926, Wilson Oil and Propane strives to provide excellent service to our customers every single day. In addition to prompt, professional expert HVAC services, heating oil and propane delivery, we offer our customers many ways to lower their energy costs and enhance their comfort. Become a customer today!