Keep the Air Inside Your Home Healthy
Posted: October 4, 2021
Clean Indoor Air Is Always Important
Now is the time for sealing, weatherizing and otherwise buttoning up our homes for all of the cold months that lie ahead. But that also means we cut off all of the fresh air from the outside, which results in our indoor air becoming stale and unhealthy.
If you’re concerned about the air that you breathe at home, please reach out to us. Unlike the big box stores, Wilson Oil and Propane employs trained and experienced indoor-air-quality (IAQ) technicians who can help you determine what you need for your home, then expertly install it.
What We Can Do
Wilson Oil and Propane installs a range of indoor air quality equipment, including:
- Whole-house air cleaners – Air-cleaning units use a high-efficiency HEPA filter to clean all of the air that passes through the ductwork. The filter captures fine particles like dust, pollen and pet dander.
- Ultraviolet-light air purifiers – While air purifiers also remove tiny particles from your indoor air via a high-efficiency filter, these units also commonly incorporate an ultraviolet (UV) light system that will quickly kill germs, mold and mildew, and, in some cases, bacteria and viruses. Both air cleaners and air purifiers help prolong the life of your heating and cooling systems by preventing the buildup of dust and other debris inside your equipment.
- Whole-house humidifiers – By having us connect a whole-house humidifier to your furnace, you not only resolve dry air problems, but you can also save money! Adding humidity in winter means you can often turn down the thermostat and still feel warm.
- Ventilation systems – A ventilating system removes dangerous gases from your home by exchanging fresh, clean outdoor air for the stale air inside. This can be done with no loss of heated or cooled air so there is no waste of precious energy.
Read more about indoor air quality solutions.
Equipment Maintenance and Duct Sealing
The service technicians at Wilson Oil and Propane can also help you with:
- Regular equipment maintenance – Ideally, your heating and cooling systems should be both be serviced once a year to ensure they are operating safely and efficiently. A properly maintained heating or cooling system will help remove harmful contaminants from your indoor air.
- Seal air ducts – Ask us about our Aeroseal duct-sealing service. If you have duct leaks, you will experience reduced indoor air quality, including excessive dust and allergens. Read more about our Aeroseal duct-sealing service.
Besides these indoor air quality solutions, there are a lot of actions you can take on your own to make the air you breathe inside your home healthier. We’ll cover that topic in a future post.
In the meantime, if you would like to set up an appointment with one of our indoor air quality experts, please contact us.