Helping the Environment with Propane Autogas
Posted: May 27, 2019
At Wilson Oil and Propane, we believe it’s important to embrace new technology. It helps us serve our customers better, and more importantly, new technology is usually better for the environment.
That’s why we recently rolled out a new oil delivery truck that runs on propane autogas. We’ve been really impressed by the power, performance and especially the fuel efficiency of propane autogas. We began converting our service fleet to run on autogas several years ago, and we’ll be updating our delivery fleet next.
In fact, we’ve just ordered two more propane-powered trucks, and once they’re on the road, we’ll have 14 vehicles in our fleet that run on propane. We have already displaced more than 20,000 gallons of gasoline and diesel fuel, which produce much more emissions than propane.
Learn more about how we can help you convert your fleet — or landscaping equipment — to propane autogas.
Propane for your home
Of course, propane is also a clean, efficient choice year-round for heating your home, heating your water and powering all kinds of appliances, including cooking ranges and clothes dryers.
But don’t stop there. You can take propane outside and do a lot too.
Here are some of the ways “propane can do that” outdoors.
- Heating. With a propane patio heater, you can keep your outdoor space warm even when the air cools down. Choose between freestanding or wall-mounted models, to find something that satisfies your needs and budget. Even if the power goes out, now you’ll be covered.
- Grilling. Skip the dangerous chemicals, starter-fluid smell and mess. And improve on the cooking performance time you’re used to, whether you’re using a simple, portable model or a high-tech, built-in design. A propane gas grill is clean burning precision at its best.
- Warm up the pool. Get so much more use out of your pool with the investment of a propane pool heater. With this investment, you’ll heat the water quickly and efficiently – a definite improvement over the electric approach.
- Propane-fueled fire bowls. If you’re looking for a true centerpiece for your yard, skip the mess of a wood fire pit, and take a look at a propane fire bowl. You can also set up a set of small bowls near your entry, to really turn heads. And operating your propane fire bowl(s) with a smartphone- or tablet-controlled ignition system is sure to impress.
- Let propane light the way. Lose the wires, skip the buzzing and forget the chemical smells. Instead, enjoy the propane-powered flickering torch light in your outdoor space. And yes, you can coordinate with just about any style and decor you want.
Reach out to us and let us know how we can help you with your propane needs, whether it’s indoors or outdoors.
Read more about propane.