Common Air Conditioning Problems
Posted: May 20, 2019
If you detect an air conditioning problem early enough and call us in, you may be able to avoid more costly air conditioning repair later on. Stay alert for these four common problems.
- Restricted airflow – Hold your hand up to the vent – do you feel a steady flow of air? If you don’t, you’ll most likely need service (try other vents, too – knowing if the problem is in one area or several can help narrow down the cause).
- Frequent cycling – If your home cooling system cycles (turns on and off) too often, it can cause your system to wear out prematurely (frequent cycling is often a sign that your system is too large for your home, but the problem could also be mechanical).
- A too-warm house – There can be a number of reasons why your air conditioner is constantly running but the house isn’t cooling, and our technician has to do a fair amount of detective work to determine the real cause.
- Noticeably higher bills – If you notice your bills creeping up year after year despite using your cooling system about the same amount, your air conditioning system could be straining to cool the house – and that can eventually lead to a breakdown in the summer heat.
Avoid Problems this Summer, Save 50%
A regular maintenance check can alleviate your air conditioner’s minor aches and pains before they become full-blown injuries – emergencies that usually crop up during the peak demand summer months, when you need your A/C the most.
If you want to make sure your A/C system won’t break down at the worst time, enroll in our new Stay Cool A/C plan.
For a limited time, we’re giving 50% off to the first 50 customers who sign up for the Stay Cool plan for the first time. Here’s what you get–all for just $75.*
- Comprehensive, problem-preventing tune-up
- Guaranteed priority service—all summer long.
- 15% discount on all covered repairs
- $50 in Loyalty Credits every year you renew
- Reduced diagnostic fee of $49
Contact Wilson today to request air conditioning service or for further details about keeping your cool this summer with our new air conditioning service plan.
*New A/C service plan customers only, please. Offer valid through 6/30/19.