How to Maximize Your Air Conditioner’s Efficiency
Posted: June 15, 2018
Keeping your ductwork properly sealed is a great way to save money on your cooling expenses—and to make your home more comfortable, energy efficient and safe all year long.
Proper duct sealing helps:
- Your comfort. Sealing and insulating ducts can help you keep a consistent temperature throughout your home—in any season.
- Your health. Sealing ducts can reduce the circulation of fumes, allergens, and other pollutants drawn from inside and outside your home, minimizing asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Your safety. Your gas appliances (water heaters, clothes dryers, furnaces, etc.) can emit carbon monoxide and other gases as they operate. Leaky ductwork can cause backdrafting—drawing toxic gases back into your living space. Sealing reduces that risk.
- Your wallet. Leaky ducts can reduce efficiency—and increase your energy expenses—by as much as 20 percent.
- Your planet. By sealing your ducts, you reduce the amount of energy needed to heat or cool your home—and the emissions that come from delivering that energy to you.
Wilson Oil and Propane is an authorized dealer for Aeroseal duct sealing—the award-winning technology that’s considered by most experts to be the premier method for sealing ducts available today!
If you want to find out if Aeroseal is right for you, contact Wilson today for a FREE estimate. We also invite you to take our brief Comfort Survey.