Staying Safe with Propane
Posted: September 6, 2017
Propane has an excellent safety record, but it’s important to know your propane do’s and don’ts. Here are some safety tips to bear in mind.
- Propane has no odor, but it has an additive that makes it smell like rotten eggs. If you ever smell a propane leak, evacuate the premises and call your local fire department. Do not touch outlets or light switches when you leave.
- Know where your propane lines are located; if you don’t know, contact us and we can show you.
- If you think your gas appliance may have been damaged by flooding, call us to request a technician to inspect the system.
- Make sure that your furnace is cleaned regularly.
- Have your range serviced if the flames are not blue; yellow flames indicate blockage to the air inlets.
- Never use a gas range or a grill to heat your home.